Saturday, June 1, 2013

The heart of this blog is the simple theme  that money matters. I am a single parent with a 13 year old daughter. So I want to say right now forget about keeping up with the Jones's and simply try to keep up with a growing child. That's when you know that money matters when your child needs new shoes and a whole new summer outfit and the bills need paid. Let's not forget she actually expects you to feed her. Yeah money matters. I may be the only weird person on the planet earth but I did not grow up with the money matters mentality. If I had I may be rich this very day. I truly believed you got a job, worked hard and everything else fell into place. I have come to understand in my life it does not work like that.

Recently my daughters bed frame broke. I just looked at it with only one thought in my mind. Why now? Why couldn't it wait till things were better? But it did not, so lets buy a bed frame. It was a shock to be reminded how much things cost. The bed cost more than I wanted to pay in the beginning but when you add things like a delivery fee and insurance it went into a way different category for me. It was also a wake up call. Money really does matter and if your 9-5 does not pay enough then you have to find a way to supplement or replace that income altogether. Now I may seem calm but all I wanted to do was sit down and cry when this happened or maybe lay down and never move again.

But I have a life and a child and I do not have the luxury of self pity. So I moved on and some how made my way here. And yeah this may sound like a little thing but it's one little thing in an ocean of little things that I am going through. I bet others are in my same boat. Let me know how your surviving.


Money Matters

No comments:

Post a Comment